- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
(Coming Soon HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support)
Also includes using a Defibrillator (AED), Asthma Training
No Online Workbook or E-Learning Required
Prior to attending the face-to-face training, you will be required to complete the pre-course reading, and completed quiz and bring it to the training session on the day.
It is a self-paced, self-directed, and mandatory component of the course.
The actual number of study hours required for each learner to complete the quiz varies depending on the learners existing knowledge, skills and experience.
$79 (Varies from state to state)
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Up to Date full Colour Learner Guide
- Digital Statement of Attainment
- Course Booking Fees
Our Basic emergency life support course with CPR and AED runs frequently in many locations over 7 days week from 9am to 1:30pm (Varies from state to state).
First Aid & Certificate Issued Same Day
No Hidden Costs | Fully Accredited | Same Day Certificates
On the day after successful completion of the training course:
- All certificates (Statement of Attainment) are issued electronically in HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support and HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation. (T&C)
- Additionally, hard copies can be purchased for a fee of $12 including postage.
- As recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council and Safe Work Australia, your HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support certificate is valid for three (3) years. The HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation component of the course is valid for 12 months and will need to be updated annually for you to keep your certification current.
About HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
Our Accredited HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support course inlcudes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of Defibrillator (AED).
This course aim is to enable nurses to effectively and safely provide first aid and CPR their clinical working environment.
A medical problem or emergency can happen at any time, and understanding the HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support of first aid can often mean the difference between life and death.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance, in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This course is designed for students requiring workplace first aid skills and meet pre placement requirements
Firstaidpro is a authorised provider of HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support, is an endorsed by the Australian College of Nursing and our nationally accredited first aid courses attract ACN CNE points as follows, as allocated by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard
Course Content – Tailored to the Clinical Environment
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- Management of unconscious, breathing and non–breathing casualties using the DRSABCD Action Plan
- CPR including the use of an Automated external defibrillator (AED) on an adult, child, and infant
- Management of medical emergencies including asthma, anaphylaxis and chest pain
- Management of a choking casualty
- Shock management
- Wounds, bleeding management
Please note – all course participants must undertake a practical demonstration of CPR on the floor on a manikin for 2 minutes
- Certified Course provider
- Courses designed by Nurses
- Training tailored to nurses
- Meet Pre Placements requirements
- Meet Pre Placements requirements
- Discounted for students
- Fast, streamlined 4 Hour Course
- NO online assessment course
- Manual Handling courses available