HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is the latest iteration of the nationally accredited CPR course. It supersedes the old HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
This is a concise life-saving course focusing on the key tenets of providing CPR (including DRSABCD protocol and safe and effective defibrillation (AED) use) in line with key recommendations from the following Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines:
- ANZCOR Guideline 3 – Recognition and First Aid Management of the Unconscious
- ANZCOR Guideline 4 – Airway
- ANZCOR Guideline 5 – Breathing
- ANZCOR Guideline 6 – Compressions
- ANZCOR Guideline 7 – Automated External Defibrillation in Basic Life Support
- ANZCOR Guideline 8 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Flexible delivery options
As all students are different, that’s why FirstAidPro offers 2 distinct course delivery options to suit all needs. Choose from face to face or online and make learning CPR work for your lifestyle!
Face-to-Face (2 hours in class)
Knowledge + Practical Assessment in class – no online or out-of-class assessment.
FirstAidPro is just one of a handful of first aid training providers to offer HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation as a complete face-to-face course with no out-of-hours or online assessment.
Both components of the course (knowledge and practical) are covered in a single 2-hour class run by a fully qualified and accredited CPR trainer.
Avoid the hassle of submitting assessments online or logging into virtual chat rooms and enjoy the personal touch of a traditional face-to-face first aid course.
Learning Online (1 hour in class)
Knowledge Assessment online + Practical Assessment in class – shorter classes.
Learning Online is a popular streamlined course delivery method that incorporates the ease of online with the detail of face-to-face training. Students do the knowledge requirements of the course in their own time online through their student portal before coming in class for a single 1-hour session where they perform practical CPR skills they have learned in a simulated environment that mimics real-world conditions.
It rewards those who prefer the flexibility and freedom that is part and parcel of online learning.
Industry-relevant course materials
Included in the course cost are access to all the first aid materials, resources, and equipment needed to complete this competency unit.
Students who enrol with FirstAidPro get exclusive access to:
- First Aid Learner Guide
- First Aid training videos
- First Aid multimedia presentation
- First Aid equipment including:
- CPR manikins
- AED training devices
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
First Aid Certificate Same Day
No Hidden Costs | Fully Accredited | Same Day Certificates
With FirstAidPro, the certification process becomes fast, simple, and easy. You’ll have access anytime, anywhere to your first aid certificate; plus, you can print, share and download wherever and whenever you like.
Your same-day certificate will include the following accredited units of competency:
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
In line with Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, HLTAID009 should be updated every 12 months.
Eight New First Aid Units of Competency Released
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – sometimes referred to as CPR (supersedes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support – sometimes referred to as BELS (supersedes HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support)
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid – sometimes referred to as First Aid (supersedes HLTAID003 Provide first aid)
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting – sometimes called Childcare first aid (supersedes HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting)
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in a remote or isolated site (supersedes HLTAID005 Remote first aid)
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid (supersedes HLTAID006)
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (supersedes HLTAID007)
- HLTAID016* Manage first aid services and resources (supersedes HLTAID008)
Australia’s leading first aid provider
FirstAidPro started as a small local training provider operating out of tiny hotel convention rooms but is now a national leader in accredited first aid training.
We may go by slightly different names in some areas, but you can be assured of the same First Aid Pro-quality wherever you are!
- Adelaide CBD
- Mawson Lakes
- Morphett Vale
- Mount Barker
- Mount Gambier
- Munno Para
- Murray Bridge
- Port Adelaide
The First Aid Course Brisbane
- Brisbane CBD
- Mt Gravatt
- South Brisbane
The First Aid Course Gold Coast
- Palm Beach
- Surfers Paradise
The First Aid Course Sydney
New South Wales
- Dee Why
- Sydney CBD
- Sydney Olympic Park
The First Aid Course Melbourne
- Melbourne CBD
- Canning Vale
- Perth CBD
First Aid Courses Tasmania
- Derwent Park
- North Hobart
First Aid Courses Darwin
The First Aid Course Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
- Canberra CBD