HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Currently, the most up-to-date standard for CPR training in Australia is the HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation training unit. This replaces all the older training standards, such as HLTAID001. FirstAidPro’s HLTAID009 course is a carefully formulated blend of theoretical medical knowledge and practical CPR skills. We follow best practice training procedures and use the most up to date equipment and training techniques.
While we have a range of formats available for the course, our blended Zoom course offers the best of both worlds in terms of online convenience and the interactivity and guided learning of a live course.
Let FirstAidPro help you prepare for the worst-case scenario.
Group First Aid Bookings
If you're making a booking for a workplace or group, we can generally arrange a group discount. You can also tailor the course content to be particularly relevant to your industry. Get in touch with us to talk about your options - email@example.com
CPR Also Known As:
Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
CPR update course
Accredited CPR Units
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
CPR Course Near Me
With CPR courses delivered in a Zoom format, the location simply isn't an issue. Your interactive Zoom training seminar and all the online learning content can be completed from the comfort of your own home or office - without you ever needing to step out the door. Even the equipment and resources you'll need for the training are delivered straight to your location - and then returned by pre-paid post-pack, included with the kit.
Blended CPR Training Course Requirements
Although our Zoom CPR training is accessible to students of all types, there are a few requirements for participation in the course. To complete the training, you must:
FirstAidPro’s zoom training is around as covid-safe as a course could be – involving no face-to-face contact whatsoever. All training is done via online video link, with no need to leave your home.
The cost of doing Zoom CPR training with FirstAidPro starts at just $45. And with our daily deals, this can sometimes be even cheaper!
FirstAidPro strives to provide the best training and the most exceptional customer service to our students – a commitment that carries on long after your course is complete. We work hard to ensure that each student receives their nationally recognised training certificate within one full day of completing their course – and on the very same day where possible.
CPR is one of the most life-saving skills anyone can learn. In a medical emergency, CPR can dramatically improve the odds of someone surviving and making a full recovery. It’s no surprise that CPR is one of FirstAidPro’s popular training courses. And now it’s provided with the ease of online Zoom training.
Recently released new units (for the HLT training package)
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in Remote or Isolated Site
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage First Aid Services and Resources
FirstAidPro’s Zoom based training provides all the interactivity of a full face-to-face training course with the convenience of learning online. The course combines a two-hour interactive Zoom training session with online training content, which you can take at your own pace. This allows you to take advantage of the skills and experience of your trainer to explain complex concepts, demonstrate practical skills and provide direct feedback on your skills. But it also allows you to work through much of the content at your own speed and at a time that suits your schedule.
It’s essential to have completed the online learning before your Zoom session, as the information provided will form the basis of that training. As such, your trainer won’t be able to admit you to the Zoom session unless both your online knowledge assessment and your pre-quiz are completed successfully.
The time required for this depends on your prior knowledge and the rate at which you work, but it’s generally a good idea to set aside at least half a day.
Since 2015, students have required a Unique Student Identifier number to undertake formal study. A USI is a unique piece of identification that is linked to you similarly to a tax file number – except specifically for training purposes. If you’ve undertaken any registered training in the last seven years, you’ll already have one, so you just need to provide that to FirstAidPro with your enrollment details. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to head to the USI website to get one.
CPR Knowledge Evidence
To complete the training successfully, the student will need to demonstrate the skills and knowledge gained through the unit. This will include:
State/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures including:
- ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- Safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- Infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- Requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
Legal, workplace and community considerations, including:
- Awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- Duty of care requirements
- Respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- Own skills and limitations
- Privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Importance of debriefing
Considerations when providing CPR, including:
- Airway obstruction due to body position
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- Appropriate use of an AED
- Chain of survival
- Standard precautions
Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- How to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- Upper airway and effect of positional change
CPR Performance Evidence
To complete HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and be awarded your nationally accredited certificate, you’ll need to show competence by completing the following tasks:
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- Followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- Followed the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Responded to at least one simulated first aid scenario contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- Demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- Provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
First Aid Related Units Of Competency Released
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (sometimes referred to as CPR) – superseded HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support (sometimes referred to as BELS) – superseded HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (sometimes referred to as First Aid) – superseded HLTAID03 Provide first aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting – superseded HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in a remote or isolated site – superseded HLTAID005 Remote first aid
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid – superseded HLTAID006
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy – superseded HLTAID007
- HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources – superseded HLTAID008